Driving safety culture in your organization starts with you. As a manager of projects and people, leadership skills are essential, not only to get the job done safely, but to inspire and motivate others to do that same. In this course, you will learn to set up projects and people for success, instill confidence, and get out of the way. Take home simple, practical leadership skills that you can implement immediately with results that will improve you as a manager and provide a lasting and positive influence in your organization.
• Advocate for the improvement of soft skills to improve safety and productivity
• Set up projects and people for success, instill confidence, and get out of the way
• Examine your current corporate culture and what underlying attitudes affect it
• Analyze your reward system for signs it might be accidentally demotivating employees
• Understand the difference between measuring work or progress, and which gets rewarded
• Set specific, realistic expectations with input from employees
• Give clear, useful feedback and genuine praise